This article details the steps necessary to update an existing InstantKB 2015-1 installation to the InstantKB 2015-2 release. You can also find information in this article on the additions, updates & fixes included within InstantKB 2015-2.
The primary focus for this release has been to resolve issues reported since the 2015-1 release and to improve the SLA features within InstantKB.
Fixes & Improvements
- Add Show Original / Raw Email Option for tickets converted from email
- Added Add Contact List option when editing existing contact lists
- Added Add Rule option when editing an existing rule
- Added Find Similar option to quickly show similar tickets
- Added ability to define working hours on agent departments pages
- Fixed issue with due date set for a few hours ahead not showing correctly within UI
- Fixed issue with escalated tickets link within overview panel not showing all escalated tickets correctly
- Fixed issue with some duplicate tickets created from inbound email
- Improved due date assigned to tickets by SLAs (now takes into account department working hours)
- Added support to define holidays which are taken into account for SLA due dates
- Improved Add & Edit SLA pages (streamlined UI)
- Added ability to associate a SLA based on the contact list the sender belongs so
- Several smaller fixes, typos & description changes
Upgrade from 2015-1 to 2015-2
1. Download InstantKB 2015-2
Download the InstantKB 2015-2 update . If your an existing 2015 customer the 2015-2 download will be available automatically on your My Licenses page at https://my.instantasp.co.uk/MyLicenses.aspx.
Download the 2015-2 update and extract the contents of the zip file to your desktop. This will create a new folder on your desktop called InstantKB2015-2_DEV or InstantKB2015_2_EUL depending on your license.
2. Update your existing InstantKB 2015-1 files
The quickest way to update is to simply copy the entire contents of the "InstantKB2015" folder within the InstantKB 2015-2 download (excluding the web.config file) again to your current InstantKB 2015-1 installation.
This will replace all existing 2015-1 files. If you choose to replace all files you may wish to keep your existing master page or any custom CSS. The MasterPage and CSS has not changed with this release.
Replacing only the updated files
If you've customized / modified a number of InstantKB 2015-1 files you may wish to simply copy only the updated 2015-2 files into your installation. You'll need to ensure you update the existing files with the latest versions from the InstantKB 2015-2 download. You can find below a complete list of all updated files within the InstantKB 2015-2 release.
3. Update your existing 2015-1 database
You will need to open & execute the 2015-1_to_2015-2.sql file against your existing InstantKB 2015 / 2015-1 datavase. This file can be found within the InstantKB 2015-2 download within the InstantKB2015\DatabaseScripts\UpgradeScripts folder.
Updated InstantKB 2015-2 Files
The following files have been updated with the InstantKB 2015-1 update. If you wish to only apply the updated files you should copy the files from the InstantKB 2015-1 download listed below into your existing InstantKB 2015 installation.
The following assemblies will need updating...
Skin File Updates
If you've created your own skin for InstantKB 2015 you will need to copy the following 2015-1 files into your skin folder from the Classic skin folder within the 2015-1 download.
To accommodate for the new strings within 2014-1 you will need to replace your Resources.xml file.
Once you've updated the files listed above and updated your database you should visit your existing InstantKB installation. If everything was successful you should be able to continue using your help desk as before. As always if you have any questions or run into any problems during the upgrade don't hesitate to leave your comments below, open a support ticket or contact us.