This article details the steps necessary to update an existing InstantKB 2015 installation to the InstantKB 2015-1 release. You can also find information in this article on the additions, updates & fixes included within InstantKB 2015-1.
The primary focus for this release has been to resolve issues reported since the 2015 release and to improve the editing experience for articles within the new documentation tab type.
Fixes & Improvements
- Add "Edit Article" option to tree view context menu within documentation tabs
- Added "Delete Ticket" Option Within The Ticket Action Menu
- Added "Show Original" Option within Tickets Converted from Emails To Show Raw Email Message
- Added Support For Linked Resources In Tickets Converted From Email (embedded images)
- Fixed error when addig new tickets with no recipient
- Fixed issue with category links if tree view was disabled within troubleshooter & download tabs
- Fixed issue with contact lists not sorting correctly
- Fixed issue with Facebook check button causing icons to disappear if you had no facebook accounts
- Fixed issue with related notes showing when you access all notes through user profiles
- Fixed issues with category & secondary category options not working as expected in documentation tabs
- Moved showImages client side methods from ViewTicket.ascx skin file to ViewTicket.cs code-behind
Upgrade from 2015 to 2015-1
1. Download InstantKB 2015-1
Download the InstantKB 2015-1 update . If your an existing 2015 customer the 2015-1 download will be available automatically on your My Licenses page at https://my.instantasp.co.uk/MyLicenses.aspx
Download the 2015-1 update and extract the contents of the zip file to your desktop. This will create a new folder on your desktop called InstantKB2015-1_DEV or InstantKB2015-1_EUL depending on your license.
2. Update your existing InstantKB 2015 files
The quickest way to update is to simply copy the entire contents of the "InstantKB2015" folder (excluding the web.config file
) again to your current InstantKB 2015 installation.
This will replace all existing 2015 files. If you choose to replace all files you may wish to keep your existing master page or any custom CSS. The MasterPage and CSS has not changed with this release.
Replacing only the updated files
If you've customized / modified a number of InstantKB 2015 files you may wish to simply copy only the updated 2015-1 files into your installation. You'll need to ensure you update the existing files with the latest versions from the InstantKB 2015-1 download. You can find below a complete list of all updated files within the InstantKB 2015-1 release.
3. Update your existing 2015 database
No database changes are needed to move from InstantKB 2015 to 2015-1.
Updated InstantKB 2015-1 Files
The following files have been updated with the InstantKB 2015-1 update. If you wish to only apply the updated files you should copy the files from the InstantKB 2015-1 download listed below into your existing InstantKB 2015 installation.
The following assemblies will need updating...
Skin File Updates
If you've created your own skin for InstantKB 2015 you will need to copy the following 2015-1 files into your skin folder from the Classic skin folder within the 2015-1 download.
To accommodate for the new strings within 2014-1 you will need to replace your Resources.xml file.
New Files & Folders
InstantKB 2015-1 adds a new "Mail" folder into the "Uplaods/Temp" folder. If your upgrading from an earlier version of InstantKB you should ensure the following folder exists...
New Web.Config Elements
If your upgrading from InstantKB 2015 and wish to keep your existing web.config you will need to add the new element shown below to your existing web.config file.
<allow roles="Agent / Staff"/>
You will need to add this new <location> element alongside all the existing <location> elements that already exist within the InstantKB 2015 web.config file.
Once you've updated the files listed above and updated your database you should visit your existing InstantKB installation. If everything was successful you should be able to continue using your knowledgebase as before. As always if you have any questions or run into any problems during the upgrade don't hesitate to leave your comments below, open a support ticket
or contact us