Once InstantForum is installed and your able to access the InstantForum homepage within your web browser the next step is to login as an administrator so you are able to access the InstantForum Administrator Control Panel or Admin CP.
The InstantForum Admin CP will be used to set-up, configure & manage your community With a fresh InstantForum installation we provide a default administrator account you can use to login and get started.
You will need to visit the InstantForum Login page and use the credentials below...
Once logged in you'll be redirected back to the InstantForum homepage. You'll notice in the upper right hand corner your username is now displayed with various profile options. These are shown below...
1. Click the User Icon to show the User Profile Menu
2. The Moderation Queue link is visible as the default administrator account is also a member of the moderator member group
3. The Admin Control Panel link is visible as the default administrator account is a member of the administrator member group.
Updating the Default Admin Account
Once your able to login & access the InstantForum Admin CP the next step is to update the default administrator account so others are not able to access your InstantForum Admin CP.
1. To update the default administrator account from within the Admin CP click the Manage Members link on the left as shown below...
2. From the Manage Members page click the default administrator account username so we can edit this profile as shown below...
3. From the Edit Profile page for our default administrator account we'll first want to update the administrator email address. From the Edit Profile page you'll need to click the Edit Email Address link as highlighted below.
4. From the Edit Profile page for our default administrator account we'll also want to update the administrator username. From the Edit Profile page you'll need to click the Edit Username link as highlighted below.
5. Finally from the Edit Profile page for our default administrator account we'll also want to update the administrator password. From the Edit Profile page you'll need to click the Edit Password link as highlighted below.
Note: When updating a users email address, username or password via the Admin CP you can send an optional email to inform the user of the change. As we are updating our own details we don't need to send this email so you should ensure the "Send Email Notification" option shown when updating a users email, username or password is disabled.
You've now updated the default administrator credentials and only you should be able to access the InstantForum Admin CP. Remember to keep your username, email address & password safe. We would suggest using a complex password consisting of numbers, letters and a special characters or two.